As a Machining Centre Operative you will have the responsibility to perform activities related with the operation duties associated with the setting and operating of CNC machines on the shop floor. You will achieve production requirements and maintain our approach to a high quality standard.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate machines to required quality standards and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications
- Work as part of the machine shop team and interface with production support, including production engineering, the maintenance department and the quality department
- Interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- Programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products
- Work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium
- Use a range of measuring equipment and have a working knowledge of inspection procedures in order to undertake self-inspection
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the planned production requirements, and within the standard hours where applicable
- Ensure all work carried out is accurately recorded on the shop floor computer system
- Support the training of apprentices and trainees
Who we are looking for
To apply, we ask that you are time served, or possess other equivalent qualifications and have specific previous experience of CNC machining. We are specifically looking for Millers to join our team and balance out of skill sets within the business.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work, combined with the ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
If you have strong communication and problem solving skills as well as a good knowledge of production processes and systems we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a positive approach to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) through good working practices, housekeeping and correct use of PPE.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established, progressive business, where you can develop experience in an essential activity supporting our production facility.
The hours of work are 37 per week, working a shift pattern consisting of days and nights to be discussed further at interview.
Wellbeing app (Employee Assistance Program)
Holiday Buy & Sell
Training & development