In order to be sustainable, we must evaluate the impact our business has on the world around us. BEL Engineering is committed to finding ways to better the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
We have implemented energy reducing measures throughout the business in order to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We’ve invested in installing LED lighting which has reduced energy costs and improved our lux levels.
- We regularly check all compressed airlines to for leaks to ensure energy is not wasted.
- The site is heavily insulated to reduce heat loss and save energy.
- As part of our on-going commitment, solar panels are planned to be installed to produce green, renewable energy.
We are passionate about recycling and being as eco-friendly as possible, this includes recycling all electronics down to the packaging we use.
- We are a member of the National Packaging Waste Database which helps to reduce the amount of packaging produced and how much packaging waste goes to landfill, as well as increase the amount of packaging waste that is recycled and recovered.
- All metal cuttings are re-smelted and reused.
- We are committed to a zero-to-landfill waste offering.
- Recyclables are segregated into cardboard, glass and plastic.
- All electronics are recycled.
- As part of our on-going commitment, a bund area for all oil and contaminated waste is planned to be installed to eliminate spills into the surrounding environment.
BEL Engineering is committed to investing in both our facility and our people.