Our Newcastle upon Tyne manufacturing facility is based on the original site that British Engines was founded on in 1922. Following a complete renovation in 2015, our secure manufacturing facility in Newcastle upon Tyne manufactures components from 3mm diameter to 50 tonne finished weight. We support customers in a wide variety of sectors, including civil nuclear, defence, aerospace, marine and oil and gas.
- Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large machining and grinding cells
- Machine tools
- 25,000 hours per month of machining capacity
- 10 overhead cranes with lifting capacity up to 50 tonnes
- Clean room and packing area
- Temperature controlled coordinate measuring machine (CMM) room
- NDT and inspection area
- HVC and tungsten carbide coating bays
- Apprentice training area
- In-house engineering team
- Business support services
As the business continued to expand, in 2017 our second manufacturing site in Cramlington, Northumberland, was established. The site houses a Skoda HCW2 floor boring mill and an extra-large machining cell.
As a trusted supplier to leading defence original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) within the UK, both sites have been classified as highly secure and approved to work on defence and government contracts.