As a Grinder you will operate multiple machine tools with high precision. You will interpret engineering drawing specifications accurately to manufacture components with critical size and surface finish requirements ensuring minimal scrap production.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate surface and universal Grinders within safe working practices
- Operate and inspect lapping tables
- Ensure component cleanliness
- Work as part of the machine shop team and interface with production support, including production control, production engineering, the maintenance department and the quality department
- Accurately record work carried out on the shop floor computer system
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the planned production requirements, and within the standard hours where applicable
- Use a wide range of measuring equipment
- Ensure the correct drawing is used, and select the appropriate inspection equipment to the correct calibration
- Actively support the training of apprentices and trainees
- Ensure 6S principles are applied to the quality control department and standards are sustained to audit requirements
Who we are looking for
To apply, we are looking for someone who is time served (or possess an equivalent qualification) in an engineering discipline and has knowledge and experience in grinding. We ask that you can read and interpret engineering drawings with the ability to also use inspection and test equipment.
We are looking for someone who has excellent IT and communication skills and will demonstrate a positive and motivated approach to their work, combined with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
This position will be on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week.
What we Offer
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please indicate this on your application by selecting ‘refer a friend’ for the question ‘where did you see the position advertised?’