Assembly Fitter – Michell Bearings
As an Assembly Fitter, you will be required to carry out in-process and final de-burring, testing, inspection and assembly activities on manufactured components in order to meet customer quality and delivery requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
• De-burring and dressing of machined components using a variety of powered and non-powered tools, in preparation for final inspection
• Ensure component cleanliness
• Carry out various testing of manufactured and assemble components, including fluid gravity tests and pressure testing using various methods
• Carry out checks of the components for adherence to drawings using a variety of inspection equipment including micrometers, surtronics, vernier calipers etc
• Assist in identifying the most effective and efficient method of checking components
• Identify non-conforming items via the company's NCR system and maintenance of inspection status
• Record quality data where planned
• Ensure component traceability/identification is present and correct
• Ensure documentation is accurate and maintained to a high standard
• Ensure quality system procedures are being adhered to and are operating effectively
• Ensure 5S principles are applied to the quality control department and standards are sustained to audit requirements
Who we are looking for:
You must be time served in a mechanical engineering discipline with ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a machine shop or a similar engineering environment. Preferably you will also have experience of assembly fitting on engineering precision equipment as well as having knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic pipe-work assemblies.
You must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, quality plans and specifications as well as the ability to use inspection and test equipment.
If you have excellent communication and organisation skills, self-motivated with a hands on approach we would love to hear from you!
A full UK driving licence is also a must.
WeCare app (Employee Assistance Program)
Holiday buy & sell
Training & development